Modernization of Karlovac – Oštarije line
HŽ Infrastruktura awarded the contract for the engineering design services for the construction of civil engineering works for the modernisation of Karlovac – Oštarije railway line.
Value of the contract is HRK 4.15 million (EUR 552,677) and it was awarded to a consortium of Mobilita Evolva and Ekonerg Energy and Environmental Protection Institute. The deadline to complete the study is 18 months. The study and design documentation covers analysis on the potential of the increased capacity along the line, the increase of traffic safety as well as the cost analysis.
The contract is co – financed by the EU Cohesion Fund, which participates in the financing with 85% of the costs, while the rest is covered by HZ Infrastruktura.
The Karlovac – Oštarije section is an integral part of the M202 Zagreb GK – Karlovac – Rijeka main corridor for international traffic, which is located on the RH2 rail transport corridor and the Mediterranean Trans-European railway corridor.
Some projects have been completed on the corridor, such as the modernisation of signalling and interlocking devices at Zagreb central station. Some of rail sections are currently in the works’ performance phase such as the Dugo Selo – Križevci section, while some projects are in the phase of public procurement for the performance of works and supervision: the Križevci – Koprivnica – state border.
Karlovac – Oštarije section is a continuation of the Hrvatski Leskovac – Karlovac section, for which the design documents are being prepared and the EU grant agreement was signed. Besides these sections, the Oštarije – Škrljevo section continues further to the Karlovac – Oštarije section, for which public procurement for the preparation of study documents is currently ongoing, and Škrljevo – Rijeka – Jurdani section, for which design documentation is being prepared.
Total project value is HRK 85.5 million (EUR 11.38 million), of which HRK 69.5 million (EUR 9.25 million) are eligible costs. 85 per cent of eligible costs (HRK 59 million – EUR 7.85 million) will be financed from the Cohesion fund, while the remaining 15 per cent (HRK 10.4 million – EUR 1.38 million) will be secured by HŽ Infrastruktura.
The project is expected to be completed in December 2023.